Thursday, September 3, 2015


Psychiatrist 
Duties and responsibiles 
Psychiatrist are physicians who specialize in the problems of mental illnesses .as physicians they are license to use a wide variety of treatments and may wright prescriptions .psychiatrist may work for the government, have their own private practice, or work in hospitals ,clinics, or universities. Their duties include: 
  • Designing treatment programs. 
  • Conducting psychotherapy sessions. 
  • Prescribing potent mental illness drugs. 
  • Supervising electrotherapy treatments. 
  • Conducting research  
  • Leading a team of mental health care providers. 
Average Salary:  $90,00-$200,00 

Educational requirements: bachelors, masters, Ph.D. degrees  
In addition to completing the requirements for a degree in allopathic or osteopathic medicine, psychiatrists must complete an intensive three year residency in psychiatry. 

 Reflection : I would want to be a psychiatrist, but I don’t think it would be my favorite type of career pathway because I think that I would be interested in the stories herd by patients but after a while in would probably end up getting stressed because I would probably put my life situation in there’s and it would more than likely stress me out .on the other hand I would also want to be one because after talking to the patient about their dilemma if I end up getting in a situation similar I will know how to evaluate myself in a proper manner.     

No comments:

Post a Comment